A NOTE FROM THE PRESIDENT
Hello FCHA cutters,
We have a lot of exciting news and changes for the next few months, so here we go........
NEW CLASSES ON FRIDAY NIGHT
LOWER ENTRY FEES IN 3 CLASSES
CHARITABLE CONTRIBUTION FOR PURCHASE OF BEAUTIFUL JEWELRY
ELECTIONS FOR NATIONAL DIRECTORS
The FCHA Directors met on Feb. 7th, 2014 The following are some of the issues discussed and changes that were voted upon.
1) Friday Night Classes: We will have a 5/6yr old Open and NP and 4yr old Open and NP, starting at 5pm. The entry fees will be the same as during the weekend days and nothing on the Sat or Sun schedule will change. We will also lower the entry fees in the $35NP, $15AM and $2000 limited rider. These additional classes and lower entry fees will be on a trial basis during the April, May, and June shows. We will then access if they have been successful for the club.
2) After the classes, there will be a practice in the arena on the 1st time re-runs for $40 per 5 minutes.
3) We will also have practice cattle available during the weekend in the outdoor round pen.
4) Dusty Bass was present at the meeting and we made him aware of some ground issues that we thought should be addressed. He was very willing to work with us to try to solve the problems. One issue is the shelf and the low spot in the arena that has been causing problems. He worked on the shelf area in the arena before our last show and will continue to do so. He will also get with Ted Sokol to work on the solution for the low spot. Dusty will also look into improving the round pen, but advises that the plywood is not salvageable.
5) The flag will remain available for cutters to use under the honor system. $540 was raised during the Winter Circuit to benefit the Youth. Please remember to include the $5 flag charge in your entry fees when you pay out.
6) We realized there is a discrepancy in the entry fees for the $15,000 Novice Horse and the $15,000 Novice/NP.. It is the same added monies, so the entry fees will be adjusted to be the same.
7) Designated cattle settlers was discussed, with no decision made.
8) Discussed having someone on the grounds for stall check in, as last month a cutter with stall reservations had to put his horses in the pens as the barn was full by the time he arrived. We want to avoid having this happen again.
Richard Elenburger has renewed his sponsorship for $250 for 2014. He is also working on some additional prizes for some of the amateur classes. Be sure to thank Richard when you see him! More about the other prizes later!
Jessica Ogle, the daughter of cutters, Allen and Joyce Paquette, will be available at the next show with beautiful jewelry from SOUTHERN HILL DESIGNS LIVING LOCKETS. They have a program that donates part of the proceeds from purchases to the MAKE-A-WISH FOUNDATION. She has also generously offered to donate 15% of her commission to the FCHA to use as our charitable donation from the club. I have seen a beautiful FCHA necklace they can make, just ask Joyce to see hers! We will have a link on our web site to order directly if you do not make the show. Please check this out, it's a great opportunity to get some beautiful pieces and help some deserving kids to realize their dreams. I hope all of you will get behind this!
Debra Taylor, new FCHA member has volunteered to take photos of the membership and shows to be posted on the web site. Thanks for you effort, Debra.
The 2014 Schedule is now availabe on the Events page.
JUDGE: April 12-13, Mark Michels (AAAA), Weatherford, TX
The Youth class has now been split into Junior and Senior classes on both days of the shows.
STALLS RESERVATIONS: Contact Cindy Ingram (727) 856-6016.
RV HOOKUPS: Locations are first come, first serve.
NCHA MEMBERSHIPS: Both the owner AND rider for all classes must be NCHA members. NCHA membership applications can be completed in the show office or online at www.nchacuting.com
FCHA MEMBERSHIPS: Both the owner AND rider for all classes must be FCHA members. To complete a 2013 FCHA membership card, see the show secretary.
HEALTH/HORSE PAPERS: Health papers and negative coggins are required when entering and leaving Florida. Horse registration papers and NCHA membership card required at show.
LODGING: Host Hotel: Microtel @ Lady Lake Phone: (352) 259-0184
LOCATION: Lady Lake Equestrian Center - 40810 Gray's Airport Rd., Lady Lake, Florida 32159
SHOW MANAGEMENT RESERVES RIGHT TO CHANGE SCHEDULE AS NEEDED.
- SEMINOLE FEEDS
- CHUCK & GEORGINA LOVE
- THE OVERSTREETS
- BILLY KIDD
- D-3 FARMS, LLC
- ADDISON CATTLE COMPANY
Steve & Lisa Addison
- RICHARD ELENBERGER RANCH